24 Jan What to include in your next school strategic plan
Steering schools forward in our Covid 19 world is a challenging task! Many schools around the world are still grappling with remote learning or a hybrid approach to teaching and learning. Teachers, students and parents have been agile, adaptable and innovative.
Here is a checklist of what I think are major goals to consider for your next school strategic plan. I hope it provides you with a starting point to prepare your students to thrive in a world full of disruptions, challenges and opportunities.
1. An Inquiry Approach to teaching and learning to support student engagement, motivation, challenge, relevance and life-long learning.
2. Empowering students using student voice, student initiated learning and student leadership.
3. Project-based teaching and learning.
4. Creativity including design thinking, problem solving, entrepreneurial spirit, design technology and digital technology as well as the arts.
5. Embed Sustainability into the curriculum including global and personal perspectives to develop students as resilient change agents.
6. Co-curricular programs, including service programs.
7. 21st Century literacies, global literacy and digital literacy in an amplified community.
8. A whole school approach to a guaranteed and viable curriculum and the teaching and assessing of it.
If you would like assistance with your school’s strategic plan contact Maxine at thinkstrategicforschools.com.