10 Dec MY TOP 7 SCHOOL LEADERSHIP BOOKS FOR 2017
As 2017 draws to a close it is so easy to think of how tired you feel and how much you still have to complete on your ‘To Do List’ by the end of the term.
I suggest instead you take a few minutes to reflect on all that you have achieved.
Actually, at my school, we are having a Collective Genius Meetup tomorrow after school and that is exactly what we’re going to do. Reflecting on all your teams’ achievements is a great recipe for success and it certainly gets you fired up to be your best for the end of the year. BTW as a new 21st century school we don’t have faculty or staff meetings. No! We have Collective Genius Meetups to unleash our collective creativity and critical thinking skills.
Another great tip to set you and your teams up for success as a 21st Century School Leader is to continually read and learn.
It’s almost holiday time so why not take some action and find some great books to make 2018 your best year yet.
Here are seven books that I have read over and over this year to help keep me focussed, to manage difficult situations and to make sure I am still innovating, disrupting and changing traditional approaches at my school. You see I am determined to meet the needs of 21st century learners so I come back to these books over and over again for inspiration and great leadership strategies, advice and tips. You might even recommend some of them to your teams too.
I hope these books provide you with some ideas, motivation and momentum to make 2018 awesome!
- Bold Moves For Schools – How we Create Remarkable Learning Environments by Heidi Hayes Jacobs & Marie Hubley Alcock
- That’s Not How We Do it Here! by John Kotter and Holger Rathgeber
- Accelerate: Building Strategic Agility for a Faster-Moving World by John Kotter
- Emotional Intelligence 2.0 by Travis Bradberry and Jean Greaves
- The Triple Focus: a New Approach to Education by Daniel Goldman and Peter Senge
- World Class Learners: Educating Creative and Entrepreneurial Students by Yong Zhao
- Thrive – The Third Metric to Redefining Success and Creating a Life of Well-Being, Wisdom, and Wonder by Arianna Huffington
If you would like more help in developing your leadership potential for 2018 why not attend Leadership for the 21st Century a 2-day workshop in Phnom Penh on 17 & 18 March 2018 or sign up to the Think Strategic Online Leadership Course.
Download "Top 3 Challenges Facing School Leaders in 2018" and learn how to overcome them.
Receive the white paper: