18 Dec Top 20 Books for 21st Century School Leaders
Hooray! It’s holiday time for many School Leaders around the world!
Teachers and Principals work long hours and face many challenges each day so the holiday season is a wonderful time to catch up with family and friends, have some fun and just relax.
Holidays also provide the opportunity to read and reflect on your leadership growth and development.
I’ve created a Top 20 list of books to help you grow as a 21st Century School Leader. I hope you find something that will inspire and motivate you to make 2017 your best year yet!
- Focus: The Hidden Driver of Success (2015) by Daniel Goleman
- Uncommon Learning: Creating Schools That Work for Kids (2015) by Eric Sheninger
- Leadership: Key Competencies for Whole System Change (2015) by Lyle Kirtman and Michael Fullan
- Accelerate: Building Strategic Agility for a Faster-Moving World (2014) by John Kotter
- The Principal: Three Keys to Maximizing Impact (2014) by Michael Fullan
- The Triple Focus: a New Approach to Education (2014) by Daniel Goleman and Peter Senge
- Digital Leadership – Changing Paradigms for Changing Times (2014) by Eric Sheninger
- Thrive – The Third Metric to Redefining Success and Creating a Life of Well-Being, Wisdom, and Wonder (2014) by Arianna Huffington
- Lean In: Women, Work and the Will to Lead (2013) by Sheryl Sandberg
- World Class Learners: Educating Creative and Entrepreneurial Students (2012) by Yong Zhao
- Creating Innovators – The Making of Young People Who will Change the World (2012) Tony Wagner
- Truth, Beauty and Goodness Reframed: Educating for the Virtues in the 21st Century (2011) by Howard Gardner
- Start with Why: How Great Leaders Inspire Everyone to Take Action (2011) by Simon Sinek
- Nine Things Successful People Do Differently (2011) by Heidi Grant Halvorson
- Drive: The Surprising Truth About What Motivates Us (2009) by Daniel H Pink
- The Talent Code: Greatness isn’t Born. It’s Grown. Here’s How (2009) by Daniel Coyle
- Spark! How exercise will improve the performance of your brain (2009) by John J. Ratey and Eric Hagerman
- The Success Principles (2004) by Jack Canfield and Janet Switzer
- Leadership Wisdom from the Monk who Sold his Ferrari (2003) by Robin Sharma
- How to Win Friends and Influence People (1936, revised edition 1981) by Dale Carnegie
If you would like more help in developing your leadership potential why not attend Leadership for the 21st Century a 2-day workshop for a whole new generation of School Leaders at the Professional Learning Hub, NIST International School, Bangkok. Click here for more details.