31 Dec My TOP 10 LEADERSHIP TIPS for 2018 from Downunder!
I hope you’ve made the time to have a few quiet, restful and reflective days as we welcome 2018.
My year has been huge! Together with an amazing team of teachers and school leaders we started a brand new school in Phnom Penh, Cambodia, the Australian International School Phnom Penh.
So I decided to go camping in the Australian bush with friends and family for a few days before heading off to the recruiting fair in Melbourne to find some more amazing teachers.
After a few days catching up on sleep and ignoring social media & emails, I found myself thinking about the possibilities, opportunities and challenges that the New Year will bring.
How about you? Have you made some time as the New Year begins to think ahead, dream and plan to make your life or the life of others better in some way?
I thought I’d share my tips with you in case you need help to get started.
Here are my TOP 10 TIPS to make 2018 your best year yet!
1. Remember that you always have a choice. Victims blame; leaders take responsibility. Choose actions that will make you a better person. Actions that are aligned to your values and reflect what you love to do.
2. A Growth Mindset will set you up as a learner and ensure ongoing success in life. Yes, there will be tough times but a Growth Mindset ensures strategies to keep learning and growing. A Fixed Mindset will stall your growth and development. Ultimately a Fixed Mindset will affect your self-belief and railroad your self-talk telling you that you are a failure. NOTE: You can choose your mindset. For some assistance read Mindset – Changing the way you think to fulfill your potential.
3. Effort, hard work, determination, persistence and resilience will make you smarter and more talented. Yes! Ongoing effort and hard work will make your life amazing!
4. Seek out challenges, possibilities and opportunities. Believe in yourself. Be courageous, apply TIP # 3 and always reflect on what you have learnt (even in your tough times). You will thrive!
5. It’s your future and that’s important but it’s not always about you! It’s about what you can do to help others grow and develop. Be sure to empower others to make a positive difference too.
6. Stretch yourself beyond your current capabilities. YOLO and self-improvement rocks.
7. Always focus on learning. Even when things get tough focus on what you are learning and how you can improve. Be creative, look for different solutions. You’ll be surprised at how this motivates you to continue to grow.
8. Link your challenges and possibilities to what you love to do. Take some time to unlock your passion/s and start planning how to maximize them.
9. Seek constructive feedback. Be open to the messages that life sends your way. Reflect on them to increase your self-awareness and self-management. Be brave and seek out those you trust and ask them what your blind spot may be. Consider carefully what you choose to do with the feedback. My tip: Choose the path that keeps you learning. If you really feel unsure, contact me here to find out more about my Leadership and Executive Leadership Coaching.
10. Always look for better strategies to learn more and to work your way through obstacles. Never give up. NEVER! You will surprise yourself at the person you will become.
Like to learn more about School Leadership in the 21st Century?
Why not join me at the Australian International School Phnom Penh AISPP www.aispp.edu.kh on 17 & 18 March 2018 for an “amazing” 2-day workshop? I’ve created a 30% reduced registration till 10 Feb to help you with your 2018 goals. Check it out here
OR invite me to your school to deliver an in-school workshop to empower and excite your team. Contact me here.
OR contact me here to learn more about my Leadership and Executive Leadership Coaching.
Happy New Year and wishing you your best year yet!