17 Jun Top 10 Books for 21st Century School Leaders
Let’s face it, you work crazy hours, face heaps of challenges and make thousands of decisions everyday so it’s time to relax, unwind and re-ignite your passion with some good books.
I’ve created a Top 10 list of books to help you grow as a 21st Century School Leader – these are also helpful for those who aspire to international school leadership. I hope you find something that will inspire you. Our students and teachers need people like you!
- Ok, you’re tired and need to get back into focusing on you, your happiness and your loved ones. Find out how you can use your mind to shape your brain for greater happiness, love, and wisdom. Buddha’s Brain draws on the latest research to show how to stimulate and strengthen your brain for more fulfilling relationships, a deeper spiritual life, and a greater sense of inner confidence and worth.
- Time to think strategically about your thinking? The success of your organization depends on your ability to prioritize, focus, and act. Read Brainwork and discover the brain research that can help you become a stronger leader.
- Want to get inside the heads of a modern career couple in today’s workforce and discover how to manage the excessive amounts of information and distraction we all are exposed to and thrive? Then Your Brain at Work may be a good read for you.
- Had to manage some difficult people this past semester and feel you could have done it better? Getting to Yes, may be a good read for you.
- …. or perhaps the 35 years of research in Influence may suit you better.
- So you’re thinking about applying for a new job or seeking a new position, (perhaps even wanting to get into international education), well Ask for it may well be a good read for you. From the authors of Women Don’t Ask, the ground-breaking book that revealed just how much women lose when they avoid negotiation, here is a guide to negotiating anything effectively using strategies that feel comfortable.
- Ok, you’ve have just landed a new position. Here’s a beauty that will provide all the tips required to be awesome in your First 90 days.
- You know about growth mindsets and perhaps you’ve heard about the scarcity mindset, well maybe its time to think about having an Abundance mindset. This is a really interesting read into our future!
- Big news! I’m writing my first book right now! I’ve learnt so much about being a 21st Century School Leader that I want to share it with you. Ok, it’s taking me longer than I thought but I hope to have my book completed this year. Here’s a sneak preview Education Matters – Applying innovation to the leadership crisis today.
- Can’t find one to suit your needs? Here’s another 20 fabulous books I compiled last year, you’re sure to find one or two books to inspire you here.
Happy holidays and enjoy your reading. You’ll return to school inspired and full of new skills and strategies to make a huge difference to the students, teachers and parents at your school – and you don’t need an international education masters degree to do it!
If you’d like to learn more about Leadership for the 21st Century why not attend one of Think Strategic’s workshops. They get rave reviews! Next one is 11 & 12 November 2017 at the Professional Learning Hub, NIST International School. You can find out more here
Date doesn’t work for you? Then check out the Think Strategic 21st Century School Leaders Online Course here. You can take it anywhere and at any time that suits you. Contact Maxine if you have any questions.