24 Oct 5 TIPS TO CREATE HIGH PERFORMANCE TEAMS
Is your team functioning well ATM or do you have some negative, maybe even toxic, team members? You know the ones. They love to gossip, complain and blame AND they frustrate and exhaust you.
I’m guessing that the past 20 months have changed your workplace into a hybrid model of remote and FTF working operations. I’m also guessing that it’s been very challenging to get everyone on board with ongoing Covid requirements and focusing on your BIG organisational vision and goals. Over the years I’ve learned that managing people is one of the hardest things to conquer, and of course, the leadership challenges are amplified hugely during uncertain times.
The ability to create and nurture High Performance Teams in today’s workplace is a no-brainer if you want your organisation to not only survive Covid but to thrive into a prosperous future. Too often in leadership we get caught up in the day to day demands and fail to make the time to purposely create high performance teams.
Over 20 years of leading diverse teams successfully through good and tough times I’ve discovered a few strategies that have worked really well so I thought I’d share them with you. Hopefully you will find a few new ideas to help you move forward.
1. Embrace diversity. Our workforce today is hugely different to any workforce in past decades and it’s so important to harness the talents of generational diversity, cultural and religious diversity, and gender diversity. Each one of your team members brings a unique set of views, experiences, and talents to add to the collective genius and problem solve in brilliant ways. Why not appreciate and unlock these amazing talents?
2. Be proactive rather than reactive. Understanding and utilising your Emotional Intelligence, i.e. EQ or EI, to be proactive and refuse to become reactive always creates positive problem solving. Aiming to create an Emotionally Intelligent Organisation is the next step in developing successful 21st Century organisations.
3. Focus on results. Being mindful every day to focus on the Triple Bottom Line, i.e. people, planet and profit ensures your organisation will grow and flourish in the good times and the bad.
4. Unleash creativity. Listen to the perspectives of all your team members. Every one of them bring unique talents and skills. Challenge their curiosity and listen to their ideas. You will be amazed by the creative problem solvers on your team.
5. Develop trust and confidence in you as a leader. In today’s workplace it is extremely important to manage your team in a supportive and collaborative manner. Show them that you value their contributions. Offer them opportunities to learn and grow. Celebrate achievements regularly. These actions will grow trust and confidence in you to lead your organisation with high performing people who will in turn give you great service.
Think Strategic facilitates workshops and webinars to develop the qualities and behaviours of High Performance Teams in the corporate, business and education sectors.
If you would like to Set the Scene for 2022 with an awesome start contact Maxine for a complimentary conversation to learn how she can help you create High Performance Teams in your organisation.