25 Jun 16 Top Holiday Reads for 21st Century Leaders
School’s out! Most schools around the world have commenced their summer or winter holidays. It’s wonderful to take the time to unwind and relax. Maybe read a book or two?
Whether you are finished the first semester as principal of the school you’ve taught in for years, or are involved in international school leadership working into international education reforms, holidays also provide the opportunity for us to reflect on our leadership development. Reading and having the time to think deeply about what you have read is a sure way to bring about leadership growth.
I’ve compiled a list of books to help you grow as a 21st Century leader. You can download these titles onto Kindle almost anywhere in the world and they will all fit into your suitcase. I’ve got all the books below with me here in Spain!
I hope you find something that will inspire and motivate you.
- Truth, Beauty and Goodness Reframed: Educating for the Virtues in the 21st Century (2011) by Howard Gardner
- The Principal: Three Keys to Maximizing Impact (2014) by Michael Fullan
- The Triple Focus: a New Approach to Education (2014) by Daniel Goldman and Peter Senge
- World Class Learners: Educating Creative and Entrepreneurial Students (2012) by Yong Zhao
- Digital Leadership – Changing Paradigms for Changing Times (2014) by Eric Sheninger
- Creating Innovators – The Making of Young People Who will Change the World (2012) Tony Wagner
- Thrive – The Third Metric to Redefining Success and Creating a Life of Well-Being, Wisdom, and Wonder (2014) by Arianna Huffington
- Lean In: Women, Work and the Will to Lead (2013) by Sheryl Sandberg
- The Success Principles (2004) by Jack Canfield and Janet Switzer
- Start with Why: How Great Leaders Inspire Everyone to Take Action (2011) by Simon Sinek
- Drive: The Surprising Truth About What Motivates Us (2009) by Daniel H Pink
- The Talent Code: Greatness isn’t Born. It’s Grown. Here’s How (2009) by Daniel Coyle
- Nine Things Successful People Do Differently (2011) by Heidi Grant Halvorson
- Spark! How exercise will improve the performance of your brain (2009) by John J. Ratey and Eric Hagerman
- Leadership Wisdom from the Monk who Sold his Ferrari (2003) by Robin Sharma
- How to Win Friends and Influence People (1936, revised edition 1981) by Dale Carnegie